A list… because it’s all kinda random and it would take forever to put it into succinctly segwayed paragraphs. And because I’m lazy….
1. Christmas discovery #1: Cranberry sauce was invented by pregnant women to deal with the vile-ness that is still poultry at 12 weeks of pregnancy.
2. Christmas discovery #2: Baby is spoiled. Big time. S/he is the size of a peach and is just learning to swallow his/her own urine, but s/he already got a playard… and some other cutesy baby things (can you say sleeper with a fuzzy duck on the bum?)
3. I bought maternity pants today. Mostly because Mommy is also very spoiled and got a Motherhood Maternity gift certificate for Christmas. Even though I don’t quite need them, I look forward to wearing jeans again.
4. We bought a crib today. We bought a fucking crib. That’s our first major purchase (with some help of Christmas money from baby’s Grandad) and it scared the crap out of me.
5. I still feel like a fraud and that none of this can possibly be real. At Motherhood they put me in their system and asked for my due date. I have a due date. I’m having a baby. I’m scared to death that I’ll wake up one day and it will all be over. I had to talk myself off the ledge of magical thinking (buying a crib will jinx this pregnancy… nope, that’s magical thinking… if this pregnancy is doomed to fail it will do so whether you buy the crib or not). Do normal women feel this way or is this just another fucked up side effect of infertility?