Well shit, I’m a bad blogger. I didn’t realize it’s been a whole month since I wrote here. Perhaps some bullet points will suffice?
- Viability. We made it. Huge fucking milestone. I’m 26 weeks, 1 day today. It seems unreal to me. I’m closing out the second trimester. Me. I won’t lie, passing that 24 week mark allowed me to breathe… just a bit. We were in the States when this monumental milestone occurred, so we shopped… and shopped and shopped. Perhaps you saw my picture on twitter… this kid has more clothes than I do.
- I’ve now got my eye on 28 weeks. Babies have a 90% survival rate after 28 weeks. I might even finally stop the damn progesterone suppositories. Maybe.
- I’ve almost finished my shower guest list to give to my girlfriends.
- We started a registry today at Babies R Us. Did you hear me?! We wandered around that store scanning shit like people who were going to have a baby!!!
- The nursery is painted. It’s gorgeous. My husband did such an awesome job.
- Nursery furniture has been ordered. It takes 8-10 weeks to arrive, so I figured we’d better get going. As weird as it might seem, we ordered the exact same set that we had ordered for Abby. That gave me pause for a bit wondering if we were inviting bad karma or some such shit, but it’s a beautiful set and we still really like it. It’s a good quality set for the money.
- About a week ago, I had a full-blown moment of sheer terror thinking about all the normal stuff we’ve been doing and wondering if we’re pushing our luck doing so much, so “soon”.
- I love every moment of Bubba kicking the crap out of me. He’s getting so strong. C has even been able to feel a kick. Although most of the time, as soon as C puts his hand in place, Bubba decides he’s done doing his ninja dance moves. It’s reassuring to have him moving around so much. I know a million things can be going wrong, but as long as he’s moving, I know he’s alive!
- Bubba likes listening to music on my iPhone. I put my phone on my belly and he gave it a big ol’ kick (fyi, balled my face off when that happened). I’ve also had him move closer to the phone and stop moving as if he’s listening, and then give me a boot when the song’s done as if to say “more, momma, more”.
- I’m absolutely, hopelessly, head over heels, in love with this little life growing under my heart.